Sunday, February 20, 2011

My First Creations (Part 2)

After making my first plushy, a cute banana slug, I got the idea for making (don't laugh!) a worm (OK, you can laugh!) from Sew Me, Love Me: Best Stuffed Friends to Make by Hsiu-Lan Kuei:


Isn't that a sweet title? I fell for so many of the critters in her book, including her worm. I ended up making mine an oversized worm, because that worked better for the recycled cotton terrycloth towel I used for my project:


My worm has a girlfriend too!


Both are made from the same recycled terrycloth towel (does that make them Twin Rays?). He's the one with a goatee and a red heart on his chest, and she's the one with the punk hairdo and a hot pink heart on her chest. They both have reclaimed vintage pipe cleaners inside them, so they are posable/contort-able!

OK, next post I'll show you the kinds of projects I'm currently working on. Until then.... xoxo Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. love the worms too. You are very creative Jennifer. No wonder you are having so much fun doing this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sketchcat! I appreciate it! xoxo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)