Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First Post

Hello All! Welcome to my humble little blog. I'm glad you're here! This is my first entry, so here goes. This blog is all about my love of plushies. I'll show you the work of other plush artists as well as my own. I hope to help you, dear reader, stay on top of the latest trends in the plush world. You'll also watch me work and see my latest projects here.

Let me tell you a little about myself: I make handcrafted cute stuffed critters with super-soft vintage and other recycled fabrics, including felted sweaters. My inspiration for my plushies comes from an appreciation of nature, including animals, and a desire to leave a small and gentle footprint on planet earth. I've always had a love for vintage fabrics, so many of my stuffies are made from them. I am sensitive to scratchy fibers (so are many of my customers!), so I only employ the softest wools, cashmere, and other fabrics in making my critters. And, of course, almost everything is recycled.


OK, that's enough for now. Next time I'll tell you how I discovered plushies. Until then.... xoxo Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Orange? I never find a decent orange on the thrift store racks. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that yellows are challenging too! Thanks for commenting--I LOVE comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)