Friday, February 25, 2011

Frogs!

After making my kitties, I wanted to tackle making frogs next. I've always loved frogs. They're so sweet and tender! I had found some vintage green buttons at a thrift store on a trip to the Oregon coast. Those were going to be the eyes, along with some new yellow buttons to go on top/inside the big green ones. First I made the cute and geeky tall frog:


His narrow neck gets cold (like mine!), so he wears a scarf. Then I made the cute and geeky short frog:


I think of him as a baby bullfrog-in-training. These two little guys are brothers. As you can see in the next photograph, they're getting ready for a bath together:


Both are made from a green felted lambswool sweater, vintage and new buttons, vintage embroidery floss (given to me by my mom 20 years ago), ecofelt for the short frog's heart, felted wool for the tall frog's heart and scarf, and bamboo fiberfill. They're super soft and snuggly!

I have two more critters to show you in the next few days, so please keep checking back often. I can't wait for you to see them! Until next time.... xoxo Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. ribet ribet! I love frogs!!!! You give them such character!!! Love it!!
    Keep up the creativity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I loove your new characters! But why do they take baths together..guuaakkss that so freaky =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi The Sun and the Turtle! Long time no see. The frogs take baths together because they are little boy brothers. Does it make sense now? :-) There's lots of cuteness over on your blog. Thanks for visiting again here! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)