Saturday, February 19, 2011

My First Creations (Part 1)

Hello! After learning just last summer that the world of plush existed, I read everything I could get my hands on about plushies, stuffies, softies, whatever you want to call them. After attending Plush You! in October of 2010, I came home ready to get creative! I found the pattern (which I modified for my own use) for my first "creation" in this book, Make Your Own Misfits by Fumie Kamijo and Rosie Short:


My first creation was to be a slug! Now here in the Northwest, we are known for our slugs. There are common brown garden slugs, and then deep in the woods, you can find large green banana slugs. Here's my first plushy:



He's a lost banana slug who made his way from his forest home to the 'burbs. Look! He's even been busy munching on collard leaves from our garden!

This little slug was a lot of fun to make. He sits up on his own, with just a little scrunching of his bamboo fiber stuffing. ;-) And he's very Zen-like in his demeanor. Good to have a buddy like him around. Until next time.... xoxo Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of our gardens in Vancouver and Portland and all of those slugs. But this makes them cute. I am loving this...BR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your comments, sketchcat! xoxo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)