Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kitties!

I just love cats, so I always had making kitty plushies in the back of my mind. For that reason, right after I made my woods mouse plushy, I made a tomcat plushy:


He's all boy! Actually, Tom looks tough, but he has a tender heart. He's a powerful 6 inches tall, made completely by hand from a felted grey merino sweater for his body, a felted black merino sweater for his nose, and a felted pink lambswool and angora sweater for his heart and ears. Speaking of his ears, they even have some angora "fur" on them! Tom was lonely, though. As tender as he is, he needed a girlfriend:


Her name is Plushpussycat! Does she look familiar? She is the avatar/mascot for Plushpussycat and stands at a slightly more delicate 5 1/2 inches tall. She is made from a felted black merino sweater (body), felted hot pink lambswool and angora sweater (nose and ears), and a felted green lambswool sweater (eyes). Both she and Tom are soft, soft, soft. They've got cotton embroidery floss for their finer details, and they're stuffed with snuggly, renewable bamboo fiberfill.

Recently, the two of them went on a picnic date at the park:


He brought her flowers (what a romantic!), and she brought a picnic basket full of goodies. What fun! xoxo Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. I just love these whimsical pets!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Whimsical is a fun word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cats ....and mice and bears and racoons and and and....... They really make me smile. And thank you for liking my blog
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, Thank you for your sweet comment! I appreciate it so much! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're really doing a wonderful job. I've been looking around your blog for half an hour and discovered a delightful little word. You're really good at this. Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dany! Welcome! Thank you for becoming a friend of Plushpussycat and for checking things out. Was it the word "Kitties"? Thank you for your precious compliment--I hope to see you again soon! :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)