Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun Outing!

There's no doubt about it: spring is in the air! This is a view from my livingroom window. The neighbor's plum tree is in full bloom.


Whenever it's this time of year (first spring flowers, green everywhere, birds singing, rays of sunshine peaking through the clouds), I get the urge to get in the car and go on a fun outing. Yesterday all of my original plans fell through, so I had some time on my hands. I decided to go out to Beaverton, just a few minutes from my home in Portland, Oregon, and hit a few fun places. Hey! My birthday is just around the corner, so birthday money is burning a hole in my pocket too, OK?!

So first I picked up a used book on blogging at Powell's. While there, I came across the cutest section full of Japanese cute kawaii items. You know, things like notebooks, stickers, AND this cute kawaii lunch bag I found! It is woven from 95% post-consumer material (used grain sacks) by BlueQ.


Actually, I'm going to use it as a craft bag that I'll take with me when I attend craft circles around town. Thrill!

OK, next I went over to the Beaverton Goodwill and picked up a 1980's craft book, this surfboard (shown here with one of my handmade frog plushies) for one of my vignettes,


and this ceramic car for another vignette. Check out the fun license plate on this baby! And watch Houndstooth Puppy behind the wheel!



Finally, I stopped over at the Kinokuniya Bookstores (the one inside the Uwajimaya in Beaverton). I looked at so many cute things but finally settled on these fun erasers to add to my collection. I'll use these in upcoming plushy vignettes too!


It ended up being an awesome few hours, and I spent only $21 on the items I show here. Not bad! This spring fever thing only lasts a couple of weeks, so I might as well enjoy it while I can. :-) Until next time.... xoxo Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dog. The erasers are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Glenys! You can see more pictures of the dog (Houndstooth Puppy) starting with the post "New Puppy." I love Japanese erasers--my favorite is the sandwich! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed joining you on this outing! (Via the blog - wish I'd been there for real tho). As always, thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Jeni, it would have been fun to have you there! Maybe next time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)