Sunday, April 17, 2011

Contest is Over (At Least for Me)

Hello to all the friends of Plushpussycat! Yes, you read it correctly--I am no longer in the Art of ReUse contest. The top ten winners were announced Friday night, and I was not included. Thank you to EVERYONE who voted, commented, tried to vote, tried to comment, and sent me prayers and good vibes. I appreciate you all so much!!! There appear to have been some infrastructure problems with the contest's web site, which made it extra challenging for many of you. I'm sorry for all of the time and trouble it took you to try to vote and comment. You are my heros!


My mascot for the day is Mr. Sad Slug. As you can see, he has taken the place of the bride bunny in my little vignette. Mr. Sad Slug is the first plushy I ever made! He's feeling a little sad today regarding the contest results! :-)

But there is some good news! The little bride bunny may meet her groom-to-be, her "Mr. Right," in the very near future! So keep your eyes on this blog over the next few days. To make that easier for you, I've set up a couple of ways to subscribe to the blog. They're both in the right-hand column of any page of the Plushpussycat blog. One is called "Subscribe to this blog" (using a reader). The other one is called "Subscribe via email." With the email one, you get an email from me (via Google Feedburner) whenever I post an update to the blog (usually one to two times per week). Check it out!

Thanks again to everyone for your support! I love and appreciate all of you! xoxo Jennifer

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you did not win - this time - better luck next time!
    I am so glad Mr. Sad Slug did not eat the bride Bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeni, That would have been a very slippery mess! I am also very glad Mr. Sad Slug didn't eat the bride bunny! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, entered the contest (my upcycled western belt lawn chair) and wasn't chosen as a finalist :( I thought your entry was adorable! I saw your catface icon on another blog I read (vintagespinster I think) and recognized it from the Green is Universal contest website. I will check out your Etsy store now. Good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, kikithespunkymunky! I thought your upcycled western belt lawn chair was very clever! Nice to meet you. Thank you for your kind comments! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just discovered your blog and LOVE it!!!
    well done, I crochet and have just fallen in love with the art of Amigurumi!!!
    feel free to check out my blog at
    www.creativeworldwithkate.blogspot.com
    Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi creative kate! Thanks for becoming a friend of my blog. I will check out your blog too! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, its cute and its a snail :) what a nice idea for a toy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agata Ma Piec, you can see another of my slug plushies at my post called My First Creations (Part 1) from February 19, 2011! He's a large green banana slug! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dont be sad, you are very talented and next time you will win for sure!!!!
    All the best energy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks The Sun and the Turtle! You're awfully kind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry that you didn't win the contest, your creations are so lovely!! :)

    Hugs Jollie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)