Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Generous New Blog Friend

There's a new blogger in town I'd like to introduce you to. Not only is she creative and talented, but she's also extremely generous. With always a kind word to leave on the blogs, she's as generous with her gifts as well. I'm talking about Simona of Soft and Malleable blog. Soft and malleable, you ask? Simona loves to work with both polymer clay and needle felting, and she shows lots of creative projects on her blog, including a needle felted miniature house and scrumptious mini desserts.

Simona's first gifts, shown here in Bluebelle's Cake Shop! 

Simona and I became fast friends. In fact, I was her blog's first follower. Simona told me she wanted to make "a few" gifts to thank me for being the first. I think you can see where this is going. "A few" gifts turned into a massive number! First, I received this lovely package that Simona ordered from Wyrna's shop on Etsy:


Isn't everything beautiful? You can see these items in Bluebelle's Cake Shop in the first photo of this post. Next, Simona sent this amazing package of cute kawaii goodies from Hong Kong:


There are dessert stickers, multiple rolls of washi tape, two kinds of clay, food erasers, a squishy strawberry dipped in "chocolate" with sprinkles that even has a yummy scent, and gorgeous kawaii-style fabric! Simona's package also included these Re-Ment beauties:


These dollhouse miniature sets from Japan are so cute! Here's a close-up of Hello Kitty Supermarket set:


And here's a close-up of the other supermarket set:


Strawberry Shortcake is going to have a ball with all of these cute mini food items!

So all the while that these precious gifts were arriving in my mailbox, Simona was making more special gifts for me, the ones to thank me for being her first follower. She sent a box packed with gifts, including all of these lovely craft supplies:


One of them, on the far right, is Jean Day's "Dolly Sewing Box and Paper Doll Kit." See the little tin dollhouse in the upper right-hand corner of the above photo? Here's the inside of that dollhouse:


So cute! This house was packed full of needle felted critters, including this kawaii girl character that Simona made:


The dollhouse also had these cute kitties inside:


The kitties are moving into Dad's Dollhouse, as pets for the mice. ;-) But wait! There was more inside--these darling teddy bears:


And if that wasn't already enough, Simona also made three beautiful cakes, including two cheesecakes using Angie Scarr's methods, in pretty individual cake boxes with doilies:


Beautiful colorful cake stands for the cakes:


And a darling box of rainbow macarons!


How's that for a thank-you gift!?! Can you believe it!?! Obviously, generous is not a strong enough word for Simona! So thank you ever so much for your beautiful and thoughtful gifts, Simona. You are one of those precious sweet people we are fortunate to meet in blogland, and your generosity knows no bounds! Thank you for your gift of friendship most of all. If you haven't seen Simona's blog, I suggest you check it out right away. Not only does Simona show her gorgeous work on her blog, but she also discusses techniques used, which is a lovely bonus.

I still have gifts from a couple of people to show you, I won a couple of giveaways, Flossy's been baking Easter treats at Cupcake Cottage, and I still haven't shown you photos of a fun new interest, so stay tuned for my next posts! And until next time, keep it fun! xoxo Jennifer

34 comments:

  1. Simona has certainly spoilt you with many wonderful goodies. I recently discovered Simona's blog. She is indeed talented and obviously also loves giving. The needle felted teddies are so cute. The items from Wyrna's shop are also wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! Simona is beyond generous! I follow her blog as well and she is so talented. Enjoy your gifts!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooolalaaa.. Simona has really spoilt you! She has been so generous by giving you all these goodies! Love the teddies and the macarons and all the supermarket items and the kawaii goodies and....everything!! She is a very talentel Lady! I also follow her blog! enjoy !
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wo!, Jennifer!...you keep receiving stuff is lovely, few treasures...give me envy!.
    A big kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! That's really a thank you gift! I am sure you're enjoying everything a lot! :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es todo precioso. Realmente generosa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredible generous! Congratulations Jennifer. I like the kitties and rainbow cake especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simona is one of those rare wonderful people indeed! You received so many beautiful and thoughtful gifts and they already look to have places planned out for them ;)

    You must be getting inspired yourself to create with all these lovely things coming your way! Don't forget to get some crafty time in!
    Bigs hugs, ~J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this leaves me almost speechless... what could be said about that? Simona spoiled you? She was extremely generous? Yes, for sure - but somehow that's not enough to describe her gifts. And isn't it great how much friendship and thoughtfulness can be sent via mail? Which leads me to wondering again... did your local mail station already hire extra employees... ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simona is a very generous frind.....these gifts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simona is a very generous blog friend. So many gifts. I am so crazy about all the cute kitties and all your delicious cakes. Enjoy your gifts and the special good friendship.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what wonderful gifts. Simona is very generous and talented. I love her kitties and those cakes look delicious. The little house is so cute. Congratulations Jennifer on all these fantastic treasures enjoy.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my.....I feel a bit shy now!!! There is no item that can compare to the gift of friendship Jennifer and I do feel richer just because I know you and you are my friend. A nice word can have the same "weight" as all of those items gifted by me and these are only a representation of my gratefulness for your friendship, for you being my first follower when there was nothing on my blog and still, you decided to follow me, to be the first....I will never forget this....it might sound something stupid to some people but is not for me!! You don't need to repay me Jennifer, a simple chat, email, word from you it's enough for me to make me happy and grateful!! :) These are only material things that cannot buy friendship, love or a relationship....and I'm happy to know that our friendship was born before all of these gifts!! Lots of love for you, my "special" friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simona es así... no hay palabras para describirla, yo no conozco a nadie tan desprendida. Todo lo que te ha enviado es maravilloso, disfrútalo. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Simona is everything you said about her. There is something so wonderful about online friendships. You get to know beautiful people, generous and unselfish, ready to help when asked, and you, Jennifer, are one of them. I love the gifts Simona sent you, especially her felted toys.
    Enjoy all.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Los muñecos de fieltro de Simona me tienen enamorada. Es una suerte que puedas disfrutar de cosas tan bonitas.
    Un abrazo
    VictoriaCM

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's overwhelming!!! So many beautiful little gifts...can't even count them! Thank you for showing Simone's blog, i didn't know her. Your houses must b e sort of the cutest around with all these wonderful items now!!! :) So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello from Spain: Simona is lovely. Great presents. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simona ha sido,en verdad,muy generosa!!! Hace unos trabajos maravillosos y los regalos que te ha enviado son geniales,ahora a disfrutar de ellos!!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. la verdad es que Simona es mas que generosa , unos regalos preciosos

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ах, какие прекрасные подарки!!! Симона очень щедрая леди!!! Как я люблю эти волшебные сладости!!!!!
    Поздравляю, Дженнифер!! Можно наслаждаться такими подарками очень долго!!!
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, everything is just so incredibly precious. I couldn't say what I loved more because each is too sweet in their own right. I am suffering a bit of mini-envy. ;-) So cute and inspirational. I've been attempting to make little minis for Bunny Day. So far... well... it's okay. I'm enjoying the process when I get the chance to work on it. I hope you've been well. Hugs and blessings,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  23. *jaw drops* wow she is so talented! You lucky girl! I do love the mini macarons very much. They looks so tempting and pristine in their cute box! I ate macarons for the first time while vacationing in Hawaii. I was not impressed but I always love the miniature version though!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lucky Jennifer, I adore the tin dollhouse, the Re-Ment miniatures and the gorgeous rainbow cake!! Enjoy your gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! That's quite the loot!! How fun!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jennifer! There's some really cute characters there and that colorful cake is amazing! I shall certainly check out her blog!
    Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WoooooOOo!! What a gift! Simona seems to be very generous person.
    Have a fun Jennifer! Well, surely you do without my saying.. :D
    (-I also have a little tin house. Mine is a post office. Cute!)
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, piikko

    ReplyDelete
  28. You received again beautiful gifts..you deserve them!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, so many cute things! What a nice way to say "thank you"!

    -Baby Cat

    ReplyDelete
  30. How simply wonderful! The most delightful gifts and all the thought that must have gone i to them! How very kind. Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! You get so many great gifts =) The kittens are very cute! And I love the dollhouse-box!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  32. Her blog is awesome! I love all her needle felted goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I know Simona's blog and you've got reason... congrats for these wonderful gifts, enjoy a lot, you deserve it!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)