Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fun Spring Miniature Swap!

I recently did a fun miniature swap with Anna of Kaksosten kotitalo blog. The theme was spring. This was such a fun swap! I adore the sweet gifts that Anna sent me, and I had such a fun time making miniatures with her in mind. Anna has a unique style that I love. I really enjoy following her blog and seeing how she decorates her dollhouse.

First, I'll show you some sweet items that Anna made that I've already put to use in my Hello Kitty dollhouse. Strawberry Shortcake is playing in her bedroom with the darling jumprope that Anna made. And check out the gorgeous red polka dot duvet Anna made for the bed and the sweet fabric-covered stool (one of a pair):


Now you can see more of the bedroom, this time with Orange Blossom and that beautiful duvet again:


And here are all the items Anna sent, including beautifully wrapped boxes and a cute card. Besides what I've shown you above and will show you below, there are bags of flower bulbs with tiny bulbs inside, a sweet book, and three beautiful and cute Easter eggs (which I'll show in an upcoming Easter scene):

 

Check out the darling kitty she made from polymer clay:


And a fun fluffy white guinea pig friend:


She made the sweet bowl of kitty grass too. Oh my! Everything is just too cute for words! Thank you so much, Anna! Your gifts are so beautiful and thoughtful! Now I'll show you the gifts I made for Anna. As I wrote earlier, I had a blast studying Anna's blog and making things I thought she would like (which she obviously did for me too :-)):



The big red heart is a pillow I sewed by hand from vintage wool felt. I got the idea for making the rubber gloves from a tutorial I saw on Pinterest. I didn't use the tutorial, but just "winged it" myself. I learned how to make cherries with cherry sauce when I made Anna's cherry chocolate cake. And here's a close-up of the cake. You can almost see the details on the individual cherries if you look really hard. :-)


In my next posts, I have gorgeous gifts to show you from Jane of Minifanaticus blog and Simona of Soft and Malleable blog. Until next time, keep it fun! xoxo Jennifer

37 comments:

  1. What a great swap! Anna made such lovely things for you...I really like the polka dot comforter and the guinea pig! So cute. She is very talented. The gifts you sent to Anna are equally as adorable. I am still in awe of how real your chocolate cake looks..and those cherries are amazing! Thank you for the rubber glove tutorial..I may have to try this. Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is again lovely gifts, with all the gifts you receive, you may soon have to expand in order to accommodate all these treasures.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutto è così incantevole!!!
    Patri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jennifer....How beautiful and fun things, gloves are really cool!.
    congratulations on your swap.
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I´m visiting the Anna´s blog. Your swap is so cute! A big hug my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gifts are fantastic. You have many generous friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever rubber gloves in minaiture!! All is "great" miniatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que regalos tan lindos. Disfrutalos mucho
    Un abrazo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Strawberry Shortcake is getting spoiled lately, she has such a lovely space now with fabrics and designs just perfect for her!

    Anna did sent such beautiful and thoughtful gifts, but I must say the guniea pig and the kitty and just adorable!

    Of course you sent thoughtful and beautifully crafted wares, as you always do ;) Those gloves are awesome and your cherry cake looks..well I am drooling over it ;P

    Happy days my friend!, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic swap - so many thoughtful and beautiful gifts on both sides! That kitty grass bowl is such a fun idea and the duvet is perfect for Strawberry Shortcake... and can it be that I'm gaining a pound whenever I'm looking at that yummy chocolate cake of yours???

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from Spain: Pretty, colorful room. Congratulations on your trade. You have very cute friends. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great spring swap! Congrats and enjoy to both of you!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful swap: both ways! Many so adorable goodies..The Kitty is cute! The rubber gloves are a fantastic idea! I have water in my mouth when looking at the cake :)
    Hugs
    KIkka

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful swap. Both sets of gifts are fantastic. I love the little kitty and the duvet is gorgeous. Your chocolate cake is mouthwatering and the gloves are so cute. Congratulations to you both. Enjoy.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna and you did a wonderful swap, Jennifer, both of you received and sent gorgeous gifts to each other, enjoy it all :D!! I love that little friend for your Rufus: a fan fluffy guinea pig, it is too cute.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  16. The presents you have received made wonderful new addition to your Strawberry Shortcake house! I just love all the colors in that house. Very lively and fun. I am so amazed by your gloves. They look just like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precioso intercambio!!! todo es muy lindo y alegre.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  18. Received your card and present today, thank you! *hugs*

    I am so glad you posted about the rubber dish gloves, I'd been wondering how to go about making some for my little kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Un intercambio estupendo por las dos partes. El edredón es muy divertido y la tarta deliciosa. Gracias por el enlace a los guantes,me gustan mucho

    ReplyDelete
  20. les cadeaux échangés sont superbes !!!
    Bonne journée ! rosethé

    ReplyDelete
  21. Un estupendo intercambio. La tarta es deliciosa y muchas gracias por el enlace de los guantes. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  22. unas miniaturas preciosas

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, kiitos, for the swap Jennifer! I enjoyed it very much! I made the same mistake I always do, and forgot to take photos of any of my stuff :} I always remember once I've wrapped everything and taped all the boxes, haha! Well, luckily you have the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jennifer! your new things are absolutely sweet! I love the red polka dot duvet, is beautiful!
    hugs
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a wonderful swap. I love Anna's swap gifts and I love yours. The rubber gloves are so cute!
    Now I'll go visit Anna's blog.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, the cat grass is so original! I love the kitty too :-). Your cake looks so delicious and the pillow is very cute!!! Great swap!!! Have a nice weekend X

    ReplyDelete
  27. the cat grass is so cute :) what a great swap

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jennifer! Another great swap! The duvet is very nicely made. The kitten and guinea pig are soooo cute and I like the kitty grass, an unusual idea beautifully made!
    Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A gorgeous swap! and in your last post wonderful gifts. Enjoy them and have a great time with them.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great swap Jen!!!! Anna is very lucky to receive all those cute items you made for her!!!! I love the gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how cute, real looking they are!!!!! So cute!!!! And the books you made??? They are very "fat" and I really like when mini books are like that, big, fat and heavy!! I mean...I'm sure she is going to love all the items you sent her as I'm sure you loved what she sent you....and that duvet looks fantastic in your bedroom! Well done for the great swap, lady!! :) Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great swap, swaps are a lot of fun =) Nice that you did studied each other, it's nice to get something personal =)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful gifts. Love the rubber gloves! The duvet is also great, the chocolate, yes it is a great swap.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hola Jennifer, feliz de estar unos minutos en tu blog.
    Te he enviado un correo.
    Preciosos regalos los de Anna y los tuyos como siempre una maravilla.
    Feliz semana amiga mía.
    Mil besos...Julia

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ciao Jennifer, un bellissimo swap tra te e Anna! Molto allegro il piumino e un bel lavoro nel realizzare i guanti di gomma!
    Un abbraccio.Manu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)