Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gifts and Challenges

More gifts arrived to help me celebrate my birthday, but first, a challenge. Rosie at Rosie's Treehouse blog tagged Flossy for a Fashion Challenge. OK, let's get to it:


1. How would you describe your style?

Flossy: My style is sort of shabby cottage with a touch of cute kawaii mixed in!
2. What are your wardrobe staples?
Flossy: As you can see, my one wardrobe staple is a red skirt. :-)
3. Most expensive clothing item you own?
Flossy: Expensive? My skirt wasn't expensive. It was made from a scrap of vintage red cotton fabric, some vintage rickrack, and some string to tie it in the back.
4. Most wanted item?
Flossy: I could probably use an apron. I'm baking all day, after all. ;-)
5. Favorite designer?
Flossy: Designer?
6. How much do you spend on clothing?
Flossy: Nothing--my skirt was free!
7. Favorite places to shop?
Flossy: At the grocery store, for staples like flour, butter, milk, chocolate, sugar, sprinkles, etc. :-)
8. Favorite fragrances?
Flossy: The smell of home-baked cupcakes, cakes, cookies, and brownies! Mmm....
9. What is your go-to outfit when you don't have anything to wear?
Flossy: I always have something to wear--hadn't you noticed by now? ;-)
10. Most prized possession?
Flossy: My most-prized possession is my friendship with Sophie. She's so nice!

Thank you so much for including Flossy in this fun Fashion Challenge, Rosie! Now it's on to the gifts. Drora  of Drora's minimundo blog sent a package filled with miniature wonders. Just look at the goodies she sent:


Can you imagine how many hours it took to make that gorgeous rose trellis? Each of the flowers is hand made! And all of her gifts are so perfect for Cupcake Cottage and Brambleberry Farmhouse. Those desserts look so yummy, and Sophie is looking forward to putting the Hamsa on the door to keep out the evil eye, especially after her recent incident with Raccoon. :-) Thank you so much for your thoughtful and beautiful gifts, Drora. You've made my special day that much more special.

After I won the fantastic Easter giveaway prizes from MiniFanaticus,  Jane wanted to make me a special gift to add to the prizes. Just look at her gorgeous shabby chic white enamel veggie soup pot:


Mmm, yum-yum-yummy! Thank you so much, Jane! Flossy and Sophie both love it!

And a big "thank-you" to all who left comments about the new Plushpussycat birthday card designs. I appreciated your thoughtful feedback so much. All three designs (including the updated Flossy card) are being printed now. More about that later. Until next time, keep having fun! xoxo Jennifer


34 comments:

  1. O`my... Flossy is so Cute! :)
    Congrats ! You have got more so very wonderful gifts, you sure are a very lucky girl!
    Enjoy,
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kikka, Thank you again for your precious birthday gifts--I AM one lucky girl! :-) xo Jennifer

      Delete
  2. I love Flossy's answers! Poor girl does need an apron though- otherwise her skirt might get dirty! I love all your gifts- the roses are gorgeous. are there little pressed flowers on that tray? so cute! The enamel pot with the start of soup is sooo cute and I am betting that Flossy and Sophie love soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, You're right. Flossy and Sophie love veggie soup, but they haven't been eating enough of it until now. Too many sweets around Cupcake Cottage. ;-) xo Jennifer

      Delete
  3. That was just too cute!

    Christie: Oooh, oooh, will you tag me in the fashion challenge? Can I be tagged? 0_0

    (Uh, Christie is kind of a fashion nut... -_- Here's her blog: http://travelingtwig.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're it, Christie! I can't wait to see your answers! :-) xo Jennifer

      Delete
    2. Anyone else is free to consider themselves tagged too. Happy answering! xo Jennifer

      Delete
  4. Great gifts! Lucky you Jennifer! Enjoy!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, Drora and Jane have spoiled you, lucky girl, enjoy your new miniatures!
    Thank you for this adorable post :D!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vege soup pot looks delicious. Congratulations on the gifts. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dear Jennifer!
    I love the nourishing soup pot! Enjoy your day!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jennifer you are a very lucky girl all your gifts are fantastic. I love the rose trellis and the pot of soup looks yummy. Have a wonderful Birthday.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those gifts have a great home hone. Bunny hugs to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was big fun to read Flossy's interview - great answers. I can only hope she'll get an apron soon... ;O) And congrats on all these wonderful gifts, you've been spoiled... but I only wonder - why should anyone want to keep out that darling raccoon???????? (LOL)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, there has been lots going on here!!Lots of lovely gifts!!

    I really did have a giggle at Flossy's interview.....cuteness personified!!

    Always a joy!

    ML Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one cute interview! My favorite part- sprinkles are a staple. :)
    The gifts are so beautiful. Drora is such an artist! And Jane's giveaway is precious!
    Thanks so much for joining my new blog. You are a sweetie and I can always count on you.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your birthday and congratulations on all your beautiful gifts from Drora, you are very lucky. I love her climbing roses, they are so beautiful. Her cokolade box is also so fine and yummi.
    Flossy is really good at being interviewed, she gives detailed answers.
    Congratulations on your useful gift from Jane.
    Enjoy it all.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a great birthday! Judging by the gifts you got I'm betting this birthday will take some topping! Flossy's interview made me smile. ☺ Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Jennifer! You're a very lucky girl with fantastic and generous friends. The climbing roses are wonderful.
    Flossy is so cute.
    Friendly greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  16. always so nice to see and read your ideas and posts!!!! Joining in with many many Happy Birthday wishes!! ( i have something in mind for you...hope to get it ready soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Jennifer,
    Happy birthday! I wish you all the ebst my friend. May happy times come your way. What wonderful presents! I hope you enjoy them for years to come.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Jennifer! Looks like you had a good one. That tiny box of chocolates looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the interview with Flossy, she's so sweet!
    The gift that you received are beautiful.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable interview with Flossy: now that we know better, we love her even more!
    I am glad you sent to print your postcards, I hope to find soon on Etsy.
    And I hope that on the occasion of your birthday, you receive the luggage from me :-)
    Anyway, beautiful gifts.
    Hugs,
    Flora

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bellissimi regali, la scatola di cioccolatini poi sembra vera, viene voglia di mangiarla!
    Flossy, la tua intervista è semplicemente adorabile!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Поздравляю с Днем рождения!
    Самые прекрасные пожелания!!!
    Подарки великолепные! Я очень люблю миниатюры, которые делает замечательный друг Drora! Наслаждайтесь!!!
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahahaha! Love the questionnaire! Flossy has the best answers! That rose trellis is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ese cuestinario esta muy bien ,veo que Flossy lo ha pasado de sobras , los regalos de Drora y de Jane son geniales

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello from Spain: Congratulations on your birthday and congratulations for all your nice gifts. I like to read the interview. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday!!! My best wishes for you Jennifer!! Flossy answers are great!! A big big hug and enjoy your wonderful gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Jennifer: Happy birthday! I wish you all the best my friend !!!!
    What a cute interview ,and it is so nice to know Flossie better :)
    I love all your beautiful birthday gifts......enjoy them !!

    Hugs Mieke xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday Jennifer! Your posts are so delightful and cheerful, I enjoy reading them. :) Enjoy your lovely gifts!

    Many mini hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Felicidades por tu cumpleaños Jennifer. Los regalos son magníficos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday, Jennifer. Sorry to be so late. I love the little world you have created here with your adorable little critters. All your gifts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)