Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Precious Swap Gifts From Carmen of Mi Pequena Evasion

As a regular reader of Mi Pequena Evasion blog, I can't help but notice that Carmen is extremely prolific at making miniatures. Each blog post, she shows the miniatures she has made. She makes about ten times as many miniatures as I do in the same amount of time! And she's so resourceful and creative too!


So recently, when I was looking at her latest blog post, there they were again: her adorable miniature daisy plants growing out of old tin cans. I finally decided to ask Carmen if she would mind doing a swap with me. All I wanted was a couple of her daisies. Here's what she sent me--wow!


The gorgeous orchid went straight into Dad's Dollhouse. And Carmen's beautiful hyacinth fits perfectly in my shabby chic Cupcake Cottage:


And look at these adorable miniature shabby plates she sent me, with pictures of my own little plush characters. Oh my! It took my breath away when I found them. There's Plushpussycat herself, Mama Mouse, Raccoon, Tomcat, Bella the Bride Bunny, and Houndstooth Pup!


She also sent tiny embroidery kits and miniature embroidery pattern books. So sweet!



Thank you so much, Carmen! You are so thoughtful! I love everything you sent me. My swap gifts to you are on their way. I hope you like them as much as I like your gifts to me! Keep having fun, everyone! xoxo Jennifer

27 comments:

  1. These gifts are wonderful. Carmen is an artist. And you're very lucky.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. o, one can only sigh with pleasure!!! one more beautiful than the other! enjoy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precioso intercambio!!!
    Besos de las Malu´s,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing gifts, Jennifer! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW is that some amazing stuff! I cannot get over how adorable those plates are. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantasic gifts. Carmen is very talented.
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carmen's work is fabulous. Congratulations for these wonderful gifts. And those plates are so cute and so personal. How thoughtful of Carmen.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful miniatures! Enjoy them, Jennifer.:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a perfect description of Carmen - I too always admire how many lovely miniatures she's crafting. And it doesn't surprise me she spoiled you rotten with all those fantastic gifts - she's not only talented, but very kind and generous. Have fun with all these treasures - those plates are a real burner! ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer,
    What wonderful swap gifts!! I love the daisies in the tin can and the plates with the photos of your adorable plush characters on are amazing, they're such a thoughtful and personal gift!!
    I'm very excited to see what you made for Carmen, I'm sure your gifts will be wonderful too!!
    Hugs
    vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your wonderful swap gifts. They are all beautiful. The plates are fantastic and so thoughtful. Carmen is a wonderful artist and person.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que bonito todo, muchas felicidades por ese bonito intercambio. Gracias Jennifer por tu explicación y siento mucho esos spam tan molestos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful gifts and I'm crazy about the plates!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome gifts, I love plants growing in tins :)

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what great things do you get from Carmen. She is so generous and so talented. Enjoy.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the picture of the cupcake cottage. So cute!! Those flowers are all gorgeous. And your swap is super! I love everything you got.
    hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautyful gifts. The flowers are fantasic!
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Si que son preciosos esos regalos de Carmen.
    y seguro que los tuyos también estarán preciosos.
    Feliz verano y mil besos...Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enhorabuena por todos esos preciosos regalos, Carmen en un cielo de persona.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  20. This are wonderful gifts, and you are so, so lucky!:))

    ReplyDelete
  21. These gifts are wonderful, is a great work of one fantastic artist. You're very lucky..enjoy!Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carmen es genial. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats for these wonderful gifts, enjoy!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! Lucky you ;D Enjoy the gift<3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mis felicitaciones y agradecimiento, por la belleza compartida en este blog.

    No pienso perderme ni un detalle.

    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)