Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sweet Swap With Sanne, Plus Cakes!

I'd wanted to do a swap with Sanne for several years, and recently I finally had my chance! Sanne made the cutest, most wonderful gifts, including some fun, colorful drinks with tiny umbrellas and straws. Flossy and Sophie just adore them, especially during the heat wave we've been having:


Plus Sanne sent all of the other goodies too (two pretty buntings, a tiny book, a yummy cherry cake under glass) and the wonderful shabby chic butterfly blackboard and framed pictures below. Mmm, that cake looks so tasty to Flossy and Sophie. Flossy is planning to rip open the cover and start gorging on cake as soon as we all look away. I hope it doesn't turn into a brawl! That would be so unladylike. :-D


Oh, we can't wait to start decorating with all of these cute things! But there's more! As soon as Flossy saw these adorable tiny stuffed bunnies and cat that Sanne sent, she had to steal away to her bedroom with them for a fun snuggle:


Aren't those tiny stuffed animals the sweetest?! Have you seen Sanne's blog, Sannen vintilla - In my attic? If not, you're missing something. I love Sanne's special style, and I see pictures of her dollhouse interiors frequently on Pinterest. Her blog is not to be missed! If you'd like to see the swap gifts I sent Sanne, check out her post here. Thank you so much, Sanne! This swap was a total blast!

Then I just have to show you these wonderful cakes and ice cream from Jane Smith of Minifanaticus blog and Minifanaticus on Etsy. All we can say is yum, yum, yummy:


Sophie has nearly gotten the cake nearest to her into her left paw. If she eats the whole thing in one bite, do you think Flossy will notice? ;-) Is it my imagination, or have Flossy's eyes narrowed at the sight of Sophie's paw near the cake?


Seriously, Jane made these wonderful treats with my birthday cards in mind. She even looked through my Pinterest boards for ideas. How thoughtful! Thank you so much, Jane! You're the best! I'm putting on weight just looking at these delicious treats! :-D Next time I'll have some Sylvanian Families scenes to show you all, plus more. Until then, keep it fun! xoxo Jennifer

32 comments:

  1. What a great swap!! your gifts are very cute :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've got gift from Finland! :) You made a lovely swap with Sanne. I have visited on Sanne's blog before and I saw the gifts you sent. All so pretty! Have a lovely day Jennifer! :) Hugs, piikko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gifts and cakes! Enjoy them all Jennifer! Thank you for sharing the links.:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wonderful gifts! Hugs, Melli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer! Wonderful swap gifts! The stuffed animals are sooooo cute!! The mounted butterfly pictures are very well made. Thanks for the link to Sanne's blog, I'll check it out.
    When it comes to food there seems to be some serious rivalry going on between Sophie and Flossy!
    Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great swap. Cute gifts, I can understand you are looking forward to decorate.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. that nice gifts, Jennyfer! my favorite is the turquoise cake is beautiful !!
    A big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jennifer,
    Both ladies are incredible miniature artist. everything looks wonderful.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Those cakes look scrumptious! I am also loving the frame of the butterflies; super cute! The drinks with the little teeny tiny umbrellas is also so much fun! What great swap gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. unos regalos preciosos y veo que los estais disfrutando en familia, gracias por descubrirme el blog de Sanne , es una maravilla

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely swap gifts from Sanne. Your scenes are adorable. I love Jane's
    cakes which are simply fabulous.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Flossy and Sophie are best friends forever... except when some yummy treats are involved... *LOL* But with tasty tempations like these everyone would get a little selfish I suppose. Congrats on all your beautiful gifts you received from these two talented ladies.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful swap gifts the butterflies in the frames are so cute! I know you have been wanting some drinks for a while those look so amazing!

    I will check out Sanne blog thanks for the link!

    I am glad girls like that cakes I wait to see your lovely bday scenes ;)

    Big hugs and mild summer wishes! ~J

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice swap gifts you received =) I also visited Sanne's blog and saw the wonderful swap gifts you send to her! Hugs Eeva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your swap gifts from both of these very talented artists are gorgeous. The cakes look delicious I cant say I blame the girls eyeing each other up over these cakes. The stuffed animals are so cute and I love the little drinks. Congratulations Jennifer enjoy your new treasures.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Done to All of you Ladies! :D Jennifer you continue to have the cutest inhabitants to your miniature world and thanks for showing us the Swap gifts with Sanne. Happy Birthday, since I have missed it and thank you to Jane Fanaticus Smith, for the reminder with her Fantasticus assortment of Cakes. They go Perfectly with your sweet and breezy style, Jennifer. ( I know that you having fun and are playing with everything right now.)
    so enjoy! :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post, Jennifer! Your pics are always so cute. Thank you for showing my tiny gifts. I love the tiny little world you have created with your plush pals. It's so like a story book, just to my liking. Hugs, Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Flossy and Sophie seem to be some very lucky little bears! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ThOse cakes look SO yummy!! And pretty. And I love the tiny stuffed animals- so cute!!

    Also thank you so much for buying my book- I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the glasses with the little umbrellas!! They are soo cute!! Also the other gifts are lovely, and I'll go right now to see Sanne´s blog:)
    Hugs, Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What delicious-looking treats! They look good enough to eat. No wonder Flossy is keeping a close eye on her cake :) xoxo Maureen

    ReplyDelete

  22. Oh Flossy and Sophie have received beautiful gifts! Sanne is very generous, but you're the same!
    And the cakes are very inviting Jane !! :)
    Hugs.Manu

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of this things are absolutely wonderful and adorable!
    Be careful Flossy or your will have a stomach ache! ;)
    Have a beautiful weekend Jennifer!
    Hugs
    Agnès

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the rainbow cakes so much!! How people can make those beautiful layers in such a tiny cake! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jennifer,

    What fun and cute little things! I'm glad you finally got to do your swap.

    I am worried about Flossie and Sophie though! They seem to eat an extraordinary amount of sweets! You almost never see them eat anything else! Maybe they need some carrots or some other veggies in their diets. I'm just sayin'.......

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
  26. The butterfly frame is so cute! The cakes look real! You know my penchant for sweets, whether they are life-size or miniature :) The mini plushies are wonderful props! I think it's impossible to make such small things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful swap, you have created mini extraordinary, congratulations to both!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What cuties...... Super cute swap with Sanne and wonderful gifts from Jane!!! I'm sure they were super happy to receive minis from you too...you are always so thoughtful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)