Saturday, March 5, 2011

Who Is Raccoon?

In a previous posting, you, dear reader, were partially introduced to a new character, Raccoon. He had run off with Houndstooth Pup's bicycle. He rode off so fast that we only saw a partial view of him! Now it's time for a full introduction of Raccoon. Raccoon was made from a felt plushy kit that my husband bought for me for Christmas:


The kit is officially a keyring kit by The Little Experience, which is headquartered in England, although my husband bought it locally at New Seasons Market here in Portland, Oregon. The company web site is http://www.the-little-experience.com/. They have several very cute animal keyring kits. The kit was designed for children ages 6-12, but it was so cute that I enjoyed making it as an adult. In fact, I would recommend it for teens and above, personally, as it required several hours and lots of teeny tiny stitches. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed making Raccoon. I even played around with the gingham fabric on Raccoon's belly and decided on my own vintage lavender and white gingham instead of the black and white that was included in the kit. Here's my finished product:


Pretty cute, huh? I thought this might interest you! The kits retail for $6.99 at New Seasons, and everything is included, even stuffing and a needle!

Next time, we'll see what happened between Houndstooth Puppy and Raccoon. Why did Raccoon steal Houndstooth Puppy's bicycle, and where did he take it? Stayed tuned to this blog to find out the answers to these questions and more! Until next time.... xoxo Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I love your raccoon! All your stuff is so cute, I especially like the little scenes you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Assunta. I think making the scenes might be as fun as making the critters LOL! Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)