Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Shabby Chic Miniatures Book!

Hi Everyone! I recently received an advance copy of Monica Castillo's (Kitchen Miniature blog) new book, Kitchen Miniature: Kitchens With Soul, and I highly recommend it. Not only is the book full of adorable photos inside several of her miniature kitchens, but it also includes helpful advice for achieving the same effect in your own miniature kitchen scenes.


In her latest book, Monica advises the use of a number of elements for achieving that adorable shabby chic look that she is famous for. She also includes some delicious real-life recipes for making some of the tasty-looking miniature treats featured in her kitchen scenes. Yum yum!

I found her book to be both an enjoyable read and a visual treat. Check out Monica's new book in her Etsy shop, which also features yummy-looking mini foods for sale.

Next post I'll show you two new birthday cards that I recently designed. They're already back from the printer - yay! Until next time, keep it fun!  xoxo Jennifer

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link!
    I'm looking forward to seeing your cards.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the present, is a cute book! I want to see your news cards! A big hug my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute felt animals and miniature scenes, Jennifer. :) Would you like to do a link exchange with me? I have been posting about Sylvanian Families since 2011 and have recently published some new stories. If you are interested, please contact me via my profile. Thanks and have a good day! -Nina from "At The Periwinkles"

    ReplyDelete
  4. seguro que ese libro es genial , y le sacaras mucho partido

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for yours comments, my friend, Your opinion is very important to me and you too.
    Happy 2016!
    A big hugs :0) ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting to see your new cards =) I love books, always nice to her about new miniature books!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonito enlace. Gracias. Espero ver pronto tus nueva tarjeta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a very interesting book, thanks for sharing this with us. And I'm really looking forward to seeing your newest cards!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely gift and a very interesting book I'm sure. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to see you new cards.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a book right up my alley. Baking and minis! :) Happy 2016 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A another kindred mini bakin' lady! I will have a look at her blog thanks for the link.

    Good that your working behind the scenes and enjoying some mini time. I will do this as well...erm..eventually *smirk*

    I hope the family is feeling better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute book! It looks like so much fun, I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Jennifer, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi

    This looks like a really cool book. Love your blog : )

    When I tried to link this to my Typepad it wouldn't work, so I left a link for my blog.
    http://www.calicoviolet.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Jennifer :D
    Wow! I just checked out the Etsy page. The book and items are lovely ^^
    Sorry for my late comments hehe, but I'll catch up right now ;D
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)