Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dollhouse Miniatures on the Oregon Coast

My husband and I recently took a trip to the Oregon coast. As usual, my goal was to scout out dollhouse miniatures.


From Portland, we took Highway 26 to Cannon Beach, where I spent time at both locations of The Butler Did It Antiques. Both locations have baskets filled with miniature accessories, most of which are vintage or antique. In addition, sometimes there are Renwal and/or other dollhouse miniatures in glassed-in cases. Both stores also carry vintage and antique fabrics, laces, and seam binding, perfect for dollhouse miniature projects.


That day, I purchased some pretty antique pink seam binding that I used to make tiny dollhouse hand towels.

Exterior of Dot's Doll House in Rocking Horse Mall

After scouring the area for more dollhouse miniatures (no luck!), we took Highway 101 south to Lincoln City, the home of Dot's Doll House, located in the Rocking Horse Mall.

Interior of Dot's Doll House

Every time I visit Dot's Doll House, I find a new treasure. This time it was dollhouse magazines, miniature laces and trims, and two things I'd been searching for extensively. First, after much searching online, Dot's had a mini can of Old Dutch cleaner for Cupcake Cottage:


And finally, I found these authentic-style mini pictures for my Victorian stereoscopic viewer at Dot's:




The Butler Did It Antiques, 240 N Hemlock (503) 436-1791 and 124 N Hemlock (503) 436-2598, both in Cannon Beach, Oregon, 97110.

Dot's Doll House, Rocking Horse Mall, 1542 NE Highway 101, Lincoln City, Oregon, 97367 (541) 994-4647.

Linclon City, Oregon at sunset

Keep having fun! xoxo Jennifer

27 comments:

  1. ooo, lucky you!!! that must have been a great trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love that yellow house in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fantastic trip A miniaturist dream lol. Sounds like you got a lot of wonderful items I love the can and the soap. Beautiful pictures Love the last one.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic trip! You've found a wonderful shop for your purchases.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful trip Jennifer!!
    I adore the mini can of old dutch cleaner and I love the sound of all those miniature laces and trims!! Enjoy, and thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    vicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I too love the soap and old can. The table lamp looks awsome. Did you buy it?
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so lucky to have access to so many dollhouse stores. It's so much better when we can actually pick things up to look at them. I just love those little dish towels you've made. You're very talented. You seem to be able to make anything you put your mind to. Give little Plushpussycat a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Es que son verdaderos tesoros.
    Gracias por este recorrido Jennifer.
    Mil besos...Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic trip! I don't think anyone would want to go see minis with me on vacation. You're a lucky girl to have such a fantastic husband!
    Love the minis you picked up!
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this looks so much fun! Exactly the kind of trip I'd love. And such great purchases, too. :)) Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the kind of shopping trip that would suit me - I could spend hours in these shops! Great purchases, but what really made me smile was the name of the first shop... so funny! There's a well-known German song from songwriter Reinhard Mey "The murderer is always the gardener", quite funny, and guess who is the real murderer in the end? The gardener becomes the last victim and the butler did it... ;O)

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hai fatto un bel viaggetto!! E quanti tesori hai acquistato, sono stupendi!!!
    Un bacio
    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!!I love all houses in Dot's Doll House:)
    hugs
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fabulous trip & those shops look amazing! I could happily spend hours in that lovely dollhouse one!
    The items you bought are lovely!
    Hugs! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jennifer,
    I see this is was a fantastic trip! Lucky you!:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a good place to shop, shame it's so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful trip, Jenn! A walk in paradise!
    Great shopping. ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great looking place, I wish we had a miniature shop in our Lincoln but sadly it closed. Ours most certainly doesn't have a beach either...not jealous at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulation for your lovely findings. You get wonderful treasures.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastico viaje!!!
    Gracias por estas fotos, son preciosas, con bellos tesoros!!!!
    Besitooos y feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jennifer, you are so lucky to get to hunt for minis! And you got some great finds. :) I think later in life, I will make the family move farther north so I can be closer to mini treasures. :) I grew up in the NW.. Oregon is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucky you Jennifer to have shops like that around you.:) Great photos! Thank you for sharing them!:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are lucky Jennyfer :o) You have found great pieces. In Italy we have not miniature shops so beautiful. Compliments for your purchases. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Drora! The table lamp is a Reutter Porzellan item that I bought online. I bought it at www.miniatures.com, but I don't think they carry it anymore. Hope that helps! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE comments! And I read every one of them. :-)